The benefits of trenchless pipeline installation over open-cut methods have been widely recognised, but how sure are we about the end product that's supposed to perform the rest of the job for many decades to come?
In recent years, polymer concrete pipes have become widely adopted in the industry, largely due to its clear advantages over traditional concrete and vitrified clay pipes. Let’s look at some of these factors:
- First of all, polymer concrete pipes have high compressive strength that can withstand large jacking forces and external ground pressure.
- Being highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals commonly found in sewage systems, polymer concrete pipes reduce the need for costly and disruptive replacements.
- The pipes' smooth exterior helps reduce frictional force during jacking, thereby enabling a lower jacking force.
Ease of Handling
- Loading and unloading becomes easier as polymer concrete pipes are thinner and lighter than similar strength class pipes.
- Above all, cost efficiency is a major plus point. Maintenance costs are minimal since polymer concrete pipes are known to be maintenance-free and have a much longer life cycle.
Without a doubt, our vote goes to polymer concrete pipes as the most ideal choice for pipe jacking operations.
JK&T is the official distributor for TPP polymer concrete pipes in Singapore. Click here to find out more.